As much as the deployments sucked (and I know we are not out of the woods yet) I'm so glad we had to go through them and I wish every couple had too. You will never hear me say "I wish my husband would go away for the weekend." or "He never leaves me alone." It's just not words a Military wife would say.... Our husbands have gone away for a weekend and THEN SOME, and they have left us alone for months and months... You learn to think back a lot to times when they were not there and be thankful that even though they are bugging the crap out of you, at least they are home! I think everyone should have to deal with seven months of wondering weather or not your other half is even alive. It will make you a lot more thankful for your spouse and all their little habits!
So today on our "Deployment Anniversary" I'm going to be extra thankful for my husband, and pray that next year at this time I can blog that Nate has been home two years! 



1 comment:
they were scarey times, but you will always look back on them as a very special time in your life... and we are so very blessed that Nate came back safe and sound and has been with us all this time 143
Post a Comment