Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life In Maine..

They say Maine is the way life should be... hmmm... well since I have not written a blog in over a week you can see that the way life is in Maine... is a bit boring.

It's January... my dogs have not had a GOOD long walk since before Christmas... the side walks are icey and they salt the roads with this strong salt that really hurts Charlie's paws. Thank goodness for a big barn to play in. I usually walk the dogs before work, but these days the temp is about nine when I wake up... and gets to 30ish by noon time, but by then I am working. My poor babies... I cannot wait for longer warmer days...

Which leads me to the boring part. The most exciting thing in my life right now is my new bird feeder! My Mom never had bird feeders around when she lived here... she always had outdoor cats and she found that inviting the birds for a snack, also invited them to be a snack for a few big cats we had... but Nora is in an indoor cat who takes up most of her days in this window in our kitchen. So this weekend I bought a bird feeder, Nate's Mom gave me the idea of hanging it right where she and I can see it... The past few days have been very snowy, so I have not seen many birds.. but this morning they came! They are so cute and so much fun to watch. Nora of course loves them!!

So I guess this is the way life should be?? Or at least the way life is right now.. watching birds, trying not to freeze... keeping our selves busy until summer comes... oh North Carolina.. you feel so far away :(

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

not gonna lie thats pretty cool.. in jersey the radio active mutant squirrels get to the bird feeders first, so i never had them either :(

Deb said...

Yup, up here in NH/Maine, we pretty much hunker down for the month of January, huh Kas! I was just thinking today that in 6 months, it'll be July 13th and probably 80 degrees warmer, and the days'll be 5 hours longer. But, you've got to admit that it's beautiful! BTW, bring your dogs over for another walk!

sue said...

your little birdie will certainly appreciate their new restuarant over the next couple of days!!! brrr... bring extra wood in for the fire!!!! 143