Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coffee Cupcakes


I decided to start easy... In the Cute Cupcakes section... with something I have made many many times before. I've never made coffee cupcakes, but I have made cupcakes a time or two :) ....
On a scale of one to ten I give them a seven... not my most favorite things... but VERY VERY easy and quick to make. I had them baked and decorated in the time it's taking my chicken to cook for dinner!!






8tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup superfine sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
heaping 3/4 cup self-rising flour
Frosting
13/4 cups confectioners sugar and 2tbsp warm water
(to make them coffee... dissolve 2 tbsp of instant coffee into 3tbsp of boiling water. Add about two thirds to the cake batter after beating the eggs *I forgot to do that and added it in after the flour.. came out fine!* Add the remainder to the confect. sugar when making the frosting.)

No comments: