The United States Marine Corps turns 236 years old today... and four years ago today God gave me the biggest answer to prayer I've ever had.... My husband came home from Iraq and into my arms after seven months apart :)
I still cannot believe I made his banner say this! All along the main road into the base families hang banners for the Marines to see as their bus drives onto base. I wonder what my parents and in laws thought of me?! No one has ever told me... it was pretty creative though!!


There is nothing like jumping into his arms after seven months apart!!



Charlie and I waiting....
Rae and Cassie and myself... it was FREEZING and we waited five hours (you never know what time they will be there) for that bus... but I'm pretty sure we smiled the WHOLE time!
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. Rae and I the second we saw the bus come around the bend. That was a long deployment and we helped each other through it!!
Rae and Cassie and myself... it was FREEZING and we waited five hours (you never know what time they will be there) for that bus... but I'm pretty sure we smiled the WHOLE time!
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. Rae and I the second we saw the bus come around the bend. That was a long deployment and we helped each other through it!!
1 comment:
I sort of miss those days!!! the trips south, the excitment of homecoming.. course the deployments weren't so great... but now we all look back on it, and think it really was an amazing time... oh well...onto the next chapter!!!!!
Post a Comment