Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day





I have had a hard time starting this blog, I get so sad when Christmas is over!!


We had a wonderful Christmas!!! I sadly forgot to take a lot of pictures, but here is how it all went :)


Christmas Eve (my favorite part of Christmas) we went to church. Nate and I really love our church. We started going there right when we moved home in 2008, we became members this past June, we just love our church family and everything it stands for. We have never been able to make it to a Christmas Eve service there, until this year! We usually go to my parent's church because my mom usually plays the bells but this year she didn't so we invited everyone to go to church with us! I was SO excited to have our family there with us AND to celebrate Christmas Eve in "our" church! After the wonderful service everyone came back to our house for dinner. We had my parents, sister and Abbie... Nate's parents and sister... and then a little later in the evening my aunts and grandparents joined us. It was really fun to have every one here!!


The past few years Nate and I have done Christmas morning at our house, but this year because Abbie is starting to understand what little we teach her about Santa and just because it's more fun to open everything and then get to play with it, we went to my parent's house. Nate and I were up and out of the house at 7am so we could be at my parent's around 8. Abbie was so excited to see us and even more excited to open all her gifts!!! We had breakfast (which was sooo yummy thank you Mom and Dad!) and took our dogs for a nice walk around my parent's farm and then we headed off to Nate's parent's house.


At Nate's parents house we had lunch/dinner with Nate's Dad's side of the family. That was also a blast!!! I felt bad for my mother in law, with 23 people and five dogs running around her house she was sooo busy keeping us all comfortable!! (thanks for a great day Deb!) We took another nice long walk and opened more wonderful gifts!! Around 8pm Nate and I got home and crashed!!


I didn't get many photos but here are a few I did get....


My Mom gave Nate the best gift (other than his leggo army men he is still talking about this mom!) She gave him a gift certificate to go sky diving!!! He has ALWAYS wanted to do this, and he was REALLY surprised when he opened it up!!! On top of that I bought his friend a jump too... so now they get to go together!!! It wont be until the summer, and I am sure I will be a mess that day, but Nate is really happy!!!

Here are "Crunkle" and Abbie playing with their new leggos at my parent's house...

I'll try to steal some pictures from my mom once her blog is up... but another thing I need to add for all your bloggers out there... my mom gave me two books of my blogs!!! There is a great website called Blog2Print.com and you can buy your blog in book form!! It is soooo neat!!!!