Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012




Happy New Year!!!


2011 was a great year for us...


* in May we bought our first house.

* in June we became members of Eliot Baptist Church and I ran my first 5K road race and Nate made the Dean's list.

* in July Nate's sister Lauren got married and we had a wonderful time at her wedding.

* in August Nate turned 26 and I ran my second 5K road race.

* in September Nate started his second year of college and I started my CDA class.

* in October I turned 26 and our beautiful niece turned 2!!

* in November I ran my third 5K road race and we had a wonderful snowy Thanksgiving.


many other big and small things have happened to us this year and I am VERY VERY thankful for the ups and the downs. Nate and I are happier than ever. Though there is honestly not much more I could ask for from 2012 that we didn't get in 2011 we have set a few goals for the next year....


* we would like to find a great way to serve God as a family, and to think of others more than ourselves.

* we would like to meet a financial goal in our savings account.

* we would like to pay off Nate's truck.

* I would like to run a longer road race, and should have the chance to do so in March!!

* Nate will graduate with his associate degree this year and would like to do while also being on the Dean's list.

* I would like to pass my CDA final and have that under my belt.


It's hard to believe my niece will be 3 in 2012, we will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary, one of our doggies will turn 7 and the other 4!!, and one of the biggest things happen in the next week.... Nate will receive his official discharge papers from the Marine Corps. He has been on In-active reserves for FOUR years now and we will get papers this week saying his eight year contract with the Marine Corps is over..... time really does fly. My biggest goal for 2012... to take it all in and be thankful for every second God gives me.









No comments: