I am quite shocked at myself... yesterday I signed up to run a half marathon!! My goal is to run the Boston marathon someday!! The New York marathon would be amazing too!! I have run three 5Ks and this summer I am signed up for two 5K's and a ten mile race... so I think ending the summer running season with my first half sounds like a good idea!!
I am a very slow runner due to my back issues, so I would be thrilled to finish the half in two hours. I don't even know if that's a good time!! I tried to look up a few running plans online but most of these plans must be for people who don't have a full time job, two dogs that also need exercise, a husband, friends, a family. They must not be vacation Bible school teachers, or clean, or love to bake, or sit at the beach. Pretty much all I should be doing is running! So I took a plan and tweaked it a bit.... most of the plans were for 14 week training anyway and I have 22 weeks until my race so I think I can take it a bit slow. I usually run about eight to ten miles a week. I was doing more like fifteen at the end of last summer, but winter... and then this rainy New England spring has slowed me down quite a bit. So my goal right now is to get up to thirteen miles a week.
The best part about this half is that a good friend from church asked me to run it with her. It will be the first time either of us have run a half marathon!! It will be good to have a friend to keep me going and it's nice to find someone who loves to run as much as I do!
so... here we are... June 6th and 22 weeks away from my race. I guess even in this drizzle, I best get out there and go for a run!
1 comment:
you CAN DO it.. and we'll be there cheering you on!!!! can't wait to see it --- though, 22 weeks... end of summer :(.... nice to have good things to look forward to!!! 143
Post a Comment