Whew!!! What a crazy past five days! I feel like I have been living under a rock! A wonderful rock where only new parents have been....
Baby Reagan made his way into this world on March 2nd weighing 7 pounds 1 ounce and 21 inches long!! At midnight on the 2nd my water broke. I told Nate I was pretty sure it was time to head to the hospital.... his response was "you have got to be kidding me!" I kept saying "I'm sorry!!!!" but then he explained to me that it was not because the baby was coming but because our friend Mike had been saying for months that Reagan would come March 2nd... and he was right, the moment March 2nd hit... so did a hole new world for us!
We got to the hospital and though my water had broke I was not having contractions... so they gave me a sleeping pill to rest and said to wait for them to be begin. At 6am I woke up with contractions I could not sleep through. The nurse moved us into our delivery room, at our hospital you have the baby and stay in the same room the entire time you're there. Around 10am my contractions were not picking up enough so my midwife wanted to start potcin. I was nervous about it but since I had lost almost all my water she really wanted to get things moving. At 1pm I started with active labor and REALLY real contractions.... I made it through the birth with just a couple doses of stadol as my pain killer... no epidural here! (which I think I was crazy for!) I have never ever ever felt anything so painful in my entire life and I DO NOT plan on giving birth again anytime soon. Nate, our friend Diana, my Mom and Nate's Mom were all there to cheer me on as I worked away at bringing our baby into the world. The first thing I remember when coming out of my out of body giving birth experience was hearing Nate say "He REALLY is a boy!" Being able to give Nate his first (and maybe only) son has been the proudest moment of my life. Reagan has been such a love! He has gained the nick name "Snuggle cakes" or "Snuggies" and we just ADORE him!
We came home from the hospital on Monday and things have been a total blur of learning how to nurse, dealing with healing up from delivery, trying to keep our house clean and of course our amazing family and friends who have come to see us and SHOWERED us with food!! We are so thankful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment