Friday, March 1, 2013

One Day Over Due...

Well... Baby Reagan and I did land ourselves in the hospital yesterday, but not to make a delivery.... At my appointment yesterday I had high blood pressure again. My midwife checked me all over, baby still sounding great and sent me to L&D for a non stress test. My blood pressure was still high in the hospital, not dangerously high but just high for me. They drew blood and all like last week and I got to relax and listen to Reagan's little heart beating away for an hour!! It was kind of nice! In the end the nurses, and my midwife decided I was not quite ready to be induced... I'm just not quite ready "down there" and they didn't want to start an induction and have it not work, or land me in the OR. Where my blood pressure is not at a dangerous level just yet they don't want to jump the gun. I'm pretty thankful for their choice! I go back to the hospital tomorrow morning for another non-stress test and depending on where my blood pressure is then I will either be induced (which isn't my ideal way to start the process, but I want my baby out!) or I will have another appointment Monday. They are just going to keep an eye on it all since my blood pressure is just slowly creeping up.

I'm just leaving it in God's hands. This baby wont turn 30 in there, and I trust that my midwives and the nurses at the hospital know what they are doing.... I know NOTHING about medical terms so I'm assuming they are top of all of this. Their advice to me was to rest, drink lots of water and just get ready because the chances of my blood pressure just going down are pretty slim. They just want to give my body a little time to get it's self ready so things work out the best they can. I am not at all scared of a c-section, but if it can be avoided I hear that's best.

I feel pretty good, really tired because I can't get comfortable at night and my fingers are a bit swollen. My hips hurt and blah blah no one wants to read all about my pains!! I am 40 weeks pregnant, of course everything hurts. There is a 7.5 (midwives guess) pound baby inside me!

Nate and I are just SO very ready to meet this little man. The past nine months we have been preparing his room, our home and ourselves for this major change.... we are ready to get this show on the road!! So we will see what tomorrow brings, either an induction and a baby or more waiting.....

One day past due date.

No comments: