I got some terrible news on Sunday... the little girl I was supposed to babysit every Wednesday passed away. She was four years old. I really did not know them well... but her mother gave me the times for the calling hours so tonight Nate and I went. It was very sad and there were so many people there. We went in and I hugged her mother and left my flowers with the others, we were not there long because I really did not know anyone else and I can't handle seeing inside the casket, but I guess the point is that we went. I have no idea what happened and hope someday I will find out... it's weird how people come into your life just to leave... I don't really understand why I met them just to have this little girl pass away two weeks later. This is the first person I have ever known to die that was so much younger than myself... it makes me feel grown up.
On a much much lighter note... we bought a new car! Yesterday Nate took his truck to get new tires and to kill time we thought we would go to the VW place and see what Jettas were running. I am certainly my father's daughter because last night we went to bed with a red 2006 VW Jetta sitting in our parking space.. 
where a little blue 2002 Bug used to live. I am very sad to have given up my Bug, but they gave me $6,500 for it and had such a good price on this beautiful Jetta. Someday Nate and I will be ready to have babies and a Jetta is much more baby friendly, and Charlie just LOVES all the room he has in this new back seat!! However it looks like such a grown up car compared to my Bug... another thing to make me feel all grown up.I also have "old" friends!! Just kidding Mandi!!! Today is Mandi's Birthday!! She is 24 and not even a little bit old!! We are going to her house soon for some ice cream cake, but on Monday I gave her her Birthday present because I just could not wait and I wanted her to be able to enjoy it on her Birthday!! Just to keep us feeling young I bought Mandi (and myself one as well) a TEA SET! Much different than the little pink plastic ones I used to have as a little girl, but I say even though it's an "all grown up" tea set... we can still wear dresses and have tea parties!!!!



this is my tea set :)
3 comments:
Oh WOW, I loved those tea sets.... but some how the little "Fecility" tea set was just as beautiful.... love your new car!!!!! glad you goth thru the night OK.....
oooh we should have a REAL "tea party" one day... with tea, petit fours, and little sandwiches! I loved my little tea set and my balloon and having ice cream with you guys... you made it a fun day even if I am "old" now :)
Great tea sets, Kas! Tea parties are so much fun! Cute car, too! I'm glad that you went to the calling hours, as hard as it is, that's really important to do. My prayers are with that family as they grieve and heal. I love you guys! Mom
Post a Comment