Anyways... after an unexpected trip "home" we are "home" again in North Carolina.
This past trip was one of the best we have ever had... going home used to be a really stressful thing to Nate and I. When he first joined the Marine Corps and got a chance to visit home everyone wanted to see him! We did our best to fit everyone in, but it seemed more like a marathon to see as many people as we could and then rush back to North Carolina. The past two trips home people have seemed I guess... less excited to see Nate. He gets to visit home much more often now that he is not deploying and we will live there for good in the fall so I guess he's just not such a celebrity anymore... and it's not really a bad thing! He likes to have his time to shoot guns with his Dad and brother or go out to eat with all of us, rather than try to fit in visits with everyone. We both arrived in North Carolina feeling relaxed and happy! We got to see everyone we wanted to see and got to spend lots and lots of time with our parents and siblings!!!
We went to sun rise service with Nate's parents on Easter! It was BEAUTIFUL! I have never seen the sun come up over the ocean... it was breathtaking!


We had Easter dinner at my Meme's house and spent some time with my aunts and cousins.


We spent a snowy morning in Acton with my parents... their new barn looks amazing!


We had many dinners out as a big family and just really got to enjoy every second of it!

Thankfully my Dad is feeling almost back to his old self again! It was really a wonderful week and I am a bit sad to be back in this sunny 80 degree weather... really I am! I miss my mommy!!!

Thankfully my Dad is feeling almost back to his old self again! It was really a wonderful week and I am a bit sad to be back in this sunny 80 degree weather... really I am! I miss my mommy!!!
1 comment:
AND... your Mommy MISSES you, but when I saw the snow this am.. I really did think "I am glad Kas is on her way to NC".. the quilt looks grand on your bed!!!! 143
Post a Comment