On our ez-board on the first of every month we say "Happy whatever month it is" and post what we are looking forward to that month. Some girls have homecomings that month, some have babies, some are just excited that it's one month closer to a deployment being over and some are sad because it's the month their Marines are leaving.... well today when I went to post what I was looking forward too... I realized something... Happy May? Happy FOUR months left in the Marine Corps! This is going from WONDERFUL, to bitter sweet, to sad! We have four months until September.... four months until we leave warm NC and head for Maine... forever!!!.... It's scary and fun all at the same time! We get to own our first home, paint our first walls, pick out carpet, and cabinets!! We get to feel like grown ups!! It's exciting for us! At the same time.. we have to leave our first home... Jacksonville has a very special spot in our lives... we have to leave our friends... (don't even get me started on that... I'm crying just thinking about it!). This is a change we have been waiting for since the day Nate left for boot camp.... but when did four years become four months?
2 comments:
And just to add insult to injury... when does four months become 40 years... and your babies are big people????? enjoy everyday, sweetie, because they fly by!!!!!!!
I say what your Mom said....ditto, verbatum, exactly.
Post a Comment