The hit blew up the T.V in our bed room, our hot water heater, some wire outside that made our lights turn brown, and our beloved computer.
It took about a week to get the water heater and the lights fixed... the T.V and computer on the other hand were not so easy. The T.V in our living room is what really got hit, it had a rainbow streak down the center of it, that went away on it's own. But for some reason the one in our bedroom was totally dead. It was just a 19in T.V that cost $99 at Best Buy, but we used it a lot and were sad to have it gone. We went back and forth about getting a new one because they don't make the box T.Vs anymore... every thing is a flat screen and they are pretty expensive. We thought about it for two weeks or so and then decided that we would end up with a flat screen someday and it might as well be now while we don't have any kid's to worry about and can charge something that like on our credit card with out too many worries.... so we bought one. We really love it!

We took our computer into Best Buy to have it fixed... it's a long story... but $535.00 and almost four weeks later we have it back!!! It felt like forever!
NOW... want to know what we have been up too??
June 2nd was Esco's 23rd Birthday... so I made a cake :) We had him and team Matrick over for a little party....



In the boredom of not having a computer to blog on when I am bored I made an amazing batch of vanilla cupcakes from scratch... and made frosting for the first time! They came out really well!!
I finally got to decorate for the 4th of July! This is the second 4th Nate and I have gotten to spend together in our four years together and the first one we are spending together since we got married... Hard to believe we have been married for almost three years and still get to have "firsts" so I have never gotten to decorate for this holiday :) I have moved my wreath to a great spot in the living room (I just love this wreath) and hung a star on the door! I also got to break out my Patriotic dish towels!!! :) (I'm an old lady...)


Last weekend we went to Swansboro for a craft fair and festival.... Esco came with us as our last weekend together... Yesterday he officially got out of the Marine Corps after his five year enlistment and three tours in Iraq. He moves back to Texas on Monday :(. We will miss him greatly... but in just two weeks we head home for a little vacation and as soon as we get back to North Carolina it's time to pack!!


We are almost done.... I am so ready to move home. SO ready to start working and contribute to my family. Nate and I can't wait to get our new life started!!
2 comments:
Time certainly has a way of flying by... it has seemed like four years, and it hasn't.... I can't wait to have you guys around again.. especially to come and "fill in" these quiet weekends at camp!!!!! what do you charge for storage?? we may have to rent some space in your basement and/or barn!!!! we have way too much to move.......
It's so good to have back blogging again! I've missed your stories and pictures! Just a couple more weeks and we'll have you here in person, and then have you back soon after that! If someone had told me 4 years ago how fast the time would go, I would only have half believed it. Can't wait to have you both back here....Love, Mom
Post a Comment