Nate has a cold. It stated before we left Maine, but it's gotten a little worse each day. He's asleep on the couch as I write this... hopefully he is better for his first day back at work tomorrow! He has worked two half days in over a month! It's been such a blessing to have him home so much, after the past three summers apart the time we have gotten together this summer has been amazing!
We got back to North Carolina on Friday afternoon. It's always a little shocking for us to come back. We always have a bit of culture shock when we leave or come back to Jacksonville. It's hard to settle in a home at first because it's so quiet... no planes, no helicopters, no police sirens, no loud music or people slamming doors around our apartment building. It's so quiet at home... it takes us a day or two to get used to it... and once we come back to Jacksonville we realize once again how loud it is here... and how bright it is at night, and just how it's so not home. We have never been so sad to leave home as we were this past time, I think it's because we are so close to living there, so close to our dream house being ours, and so close to both having jobs we love that it just seems like wasted time to be here now.
We have spent most of our weekend huddled inside.. there is a Tropical Storm off shore here in N.C and the weather has been really strange because of it... one minute the sun is popping out and then it starts to sprinkle, then the wind picks up and it just POURS! Then the cycle starts over again. Yesterday we ran some errands and then went to the movies to see Mamma Mia! It was really good!!
Today we woke up in time for church and were going to get ready to go, but Nate decided he really did not feel up to it... so we huddled inside some more. Our apartment is very messy... but it's a comfy rainy day mess... I finished some scrap booking and we made really yummy Tuna Melts and Corn Chowda for lunch!! Now Nateee is sleeping and I am blogging, I think I'm going to head into our bed room to work on a little packing... get some of things we don't wear or need anymore out of the way.... just five more Sunday's left in Jacksonville. 
Today we woke up in time for church and were going to get ready to go, but Nate decided he really did not feel up to it... so we huddled inside some more. Our apartment is very messy... but it's a comfy rainy day mess... I finished some scrap booking and we made really yummy Tuna Melts and Corn Chowda for lunch!! Now Nateee is sleeping and I am blogging, I think I'm going to head into our bed room to work on a little packing... get some of things we don't wear or need anymore out of the way.... just five more Sunday's left in Jacksonville. 


2 comments:
Hi Kas and Nate!The weather here is exactly the same, and will be for the rest of the week. (In fact we're having quite a boomer and pouring rain right now!) I hope that Nate feels better, you had a perfect rainy day, feeling sick kind of lunch. Keep up the good work taking care of my boy! Love, Deb
Hi guys... well, as Deb said, we have had "boomers" all day long... Camille is pretty happy on her meds!!! glad we have them for her...the loons have quite a song they are singing tonite, I think they are right off the dock!!!!Stansfields are here for a week, so we visited with them tonite, got some work done in the barn this afternoon..... five more Sundays for you, means five more for us too!!!!
Post a Comment