They are such a role model couple to me. They have such a strong relationship, they are the best at communicating and talking through big decisions. They are in the midst of their biggest one as we speak, they are moving out of the house that they moved into 27 years ago today. It's a very big coincidence, or maybe just part of a wonderful plan but they moved into the house on their first anniversary and are moving out on their 27th... just in time for Nate and I to move in. This house is such a comfort to me it's the one place in the whole world I am totally safe. It watched over me through snow storms and thunder storms, let me cry over boyfriends, postponed weddings and kept me safe through two deployments. I know my parents will greatly miss their first house, but I feel so blessed to be able to call it my first house! It was the first house I lived in as a child and will the first house I buy with my husband. I don't think I could ever consider any other place to be totally "home".
I know this blog was supposed to be about my parents, and in a way it is... they are the reason the house is home. They are the heart of our family and the heart of that house, they fixed it up and made it my safe place. I am going to do everything I can to model my marriage after my parents and to make the house they are "giving" us, into the same "home" for my children.
HAPPY 27th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD
I LOVE YOU!


4 comments:
Aww YAY! Happy anniversary!!
Nicely said, Kassy! They did a great job in raising you!
Oh wow.....
Kassy, It looks like your Mom was as speachless as I was, that is such a wonderful blog that you did in honor of your Mother and Father. You did a great job putting it all in words from your heart!
Post a Comment