Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday's and Babies

Today is Dave's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Yesterday we went on a bike ride to celebrate. We rode to the Miss. Wakefield Diner... (I forgot that I had my camera so I really don't have any pictures!!) It was a chilly ride there, but after breakfast it got nice a warm out! We took a trip to Wolfboro just to poke around the shops... I love having a house here because I no longer talk myself out of buying things... well... that may be a bad thing!! but knowing that I don't have to get it back to N.C, or pack it to move at some point allows me so much.. maybe too much freedom to shop for our house!! These are my two new favorite things in our house... my "Newly Web" spiders and this cute sign on our porch... I bought a few other things too... but we are taking on the office this week and once it's decorated you can see them!
We made a decision this weekend.... we are getting a puppy!! I have been begging Nate for a puppy for months now. We have one dog who is three and I just have this idea in my head that it's time for a puppy. Charlie would love a friend and we live in a house now with lots of room and I want a bigger dog. Nate has shot me down time and time again.... but this past week my Mom helped a friend of her's whose dog was going to have puppies. Everything went well until the 3rd puppy.... (out of 8) and he was born a still born... he lost his sack in the momma dog and came out dead. My mom has never lost a puppy before, so she started doggie CPR and rubbing his back and brought him back!! He took a deep breath and was fine!! My Mom's friend told her she should keep him because he was just meant to live for her... but my mom has six cocker spainels and has no room for another let alone a bigger dog.... when she told us this story Nate piped up "Would she let us have him?" My Mom was like "OF COURSE!" So we called her and asked and he is going to be our new puppy!! It's just a perfect story and the perfect dog for us. He is a Chesapeake Bay Retriver.. a bird dog. He was just born yesterday so we have to wait three weeks to go see him, and eight week before we can bring him home... but in the end of November we will have another doggie!!







1 comment:

sue said...

OH>>>> my new grand dog!!!!!