Today we took a field trip to Apple Crest. It is this great apple orchard, and farmers market!! We arrived around 10am and went into the orchard to pick. The kids did great picking! We had to stop them from picking them once their bags were full. After we picked we got to go on a hay ride. Which was great for the kids, but an itchy allergy attack for me! We were then treated to a snack of warm cider and homemade donuts!! OH they were so good!! I bought a half dozen to bring home to Nate along with some cider of course.


Tonight we are supposed to get our first frost... even on the coast! So I made beef stew and biscuits for dinner. I also tried to make this apple dessert that my mom told me about... but I did not exactly follow directions... I forgot to peel my apples... so they did not come out right. Josh and Nate just tried it and kindly told me that it was not so bad, but I'm pretty sure it should have looked and tasted much better than it did! It was an apple mess...

*Peel and Core an apple
*Wrap it in pie crust
*Fill the hole with Cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar
*Bake at 350 until the crust is brown and the apple is soft
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a very fun day, Kas! It was just right for beef stew and apples...the dessert still sounds yummy...peelings and all!But then, I love apples with the peelings left on. I make apple crisp with the peelings on, if I don't have time to peel them all. Plus, that's where lots of the color and nutrients are...Deb
you silly.... it is better without peelings... but Deb is right, there is good stuff in them..... oh well, next time you will remember... and you have to admit... fall in NE is the BEST
Post a Comment