Monday, September 15, 2008

A Weekend Away

On Friday Nate had to go Augusta for a check up at the V.A Hospital. Augusta is about two hours from where we live and his family has a camp on a lake about ten minutes from the V.A Hosp. so we decided to make a night of it and stay at the camp.

Nate had not been up there since he joined the Marines (so five years) and I had never been. I am so glad we took the night to do this because it is an amazing little place! It's on Great Pond in Belgrade Maine. Friday night we went to dinner at a very famous restaurant called The Inn. It's the number one place in the WORLD to get roast duckling and people come from all over the world to eat there. We did not have any duck, but we did have an amazing dinner! It was a beautiful restaurant. The lake is huge and a lot of people live there all the time, they have these great little boat houses right in the water... they are like a garage for your boat! There are many many islands on the lake as well. Nate's uncle and cousin were also staying at the camp and Saturday morning he gave us a tour on the boat. We took the boat over to town and docked it while we got breakfast and shopped around. It is such a cute little town and I love how people use boats and not cars!!
Charlie of course took many swims and we just really enjoyed our stay there. I cannot wait until next summer!!
Saturday night we spent in Acton at my parents lake. Sunday Nate went to the NASCAR race with my Dad and my mom, sister, and I went to LL Bean. Look at what my Mom bought me as an early Birthday present!!! (hint... not the dog... but what matches him!!)







1 comment:

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

Wow Nate has quite the beard! Patrick is going to crack up when he sees that :) I'm glad you had so much fun this weekend... all the pictures were so pretty! I've never had duck before, so maybe that'll have to be on the to do list when I come :)