
Nate and I decided to do away with the dog door and the fence. Charlie sticks around and as of last week Banjo did too... we talked about an electric fence, but could not figure out what part of the yard we wanted to use for it... so right now the boys just get to go outside in the yard loose.
Well... last week Banjo decided that he wanted to go a little further. Nate was outside with him and he took off into the neighbor's yard. Then he kept going a few more houses down! Thankfully he was going behind houses so he was not along the road, but it was pretty scary. After a few minutes of Nate calling him and yelling "COOKIES!" Banjo came back, but no more loose Banjo for a while... this was not his first incident.
Then a few days ago Nate wanted to snow blow the drive way. I was still at work and Nate had been all day, so Banjo had been in his kennel. We try to keep him out as much as we can when we are home. Nate called me at work and said "do you think I could put the boys in the dog pen while I work outside?" I was like sure! Why didn't we think of this!?! We have been walking Banjo around the yard to get him to use the bathroom because we don't want him loose... but he HATES that. He likes his privacy.

So to make this long rambling story short we are doing away with the dog door, but not the fence! I think we are going to paint it white this spring. It works out great and we have to BEG Banjo to come inside! He is so happy out there, even by himself. (charlie would rather be in) I just don't know what we were thinking!
2 comments:
let's see.. what is that old saying.. "don't try to reinvent the wheel!!!!" 143
My girls love the fenced-in backyard too. I can see dear Banjo is teaching some things, as Chesapeakes often seem to do...
Post a Comment