This weekend was one of the best weekends we have had this summer! It was HOT and STICKY, and HUMID and SUNNY... all the things I love about summer!! We started the weekend with Fireman's Field Day. We brought Charlie and Banjo to the parade. Charlie has been before and does not mind all the noise.. but we were not sure how Banjo was going to do... I gave them both a bath minutes before we left to watch it because it was so hot outside and I wanted them to stay cool. They were nice and wet and we found a shady spot to stand. They both did very well!!! Banjo did not shy away from the noise at all! In fact he was very excited to be there!

Saturday night after the parade we went to Foster's for the Lobster Bake... it was of course delicious!!!

Sunday Nate and I had planned on going to the beach. As much as I love the beach it's hard for me to go here because unlike the beautiful beaches in North Carolina you're not allowed to bring dogs.. and what is the point of me locking my dogs up while I go enjoy the sun and the water... especially when we have a lake that we can enjoy together!!! Nate and I got up early, went out for breakfast and headed to the lake with the boys! As soon as we gave him the chance Banjo jumped right in the water. He has not been a very good swimmer this summer... but he "told" me that it was just not hot enough to swim... until yesterday!! We had a hard time getting him OUT of the water!!! The last weekend in August we are spending three days at the camp and I cannot wait to see Banjo swim again!!! He was soooo tired last night.

After a beyond beautiful day at the lake we headed to Downtown Portsmouth with my parents and our friend's Tori and Steve to see the play Grease. It was so warm outside and the play is in a park right on the river... it was just perfect!!!

I could not have asked for a better weekend!
1 comment:
Nice, I'm glad summer is finaly here for you... great pictures and great blog.
Keep'm com'n
Post a Comment