Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Wedding Weekend

well... it was not OUR wedding... but it was a good friend's wedding and I was a bridesmaid... so we will just call it our wedding weekend... :)

Thursday Nate and I left for Lincoln N.H for a weekend at the Indian Head Resort, way up in the white mountains. We were both a bit stressed on Thursday... we had to leave the boys with my Mom and I always get saw leaving them... and lets just say this wedding was not the kind planned on a tight budget.... so we were nervous about just how much we would end up spending... as the morning wore on however and Nate was out playing paintball with the groom and his buddies and I was at the salon getting my nails done with the girls we soon forgot our money problems and decided to just enjoy the weekend... and we REALLY did enjoy it all!!!

After a BBQ on Thursday night at Steve's (the groom) parent's house in Plymouth N.H, Nate and I headed to the resort. The drive there was so beautiful... the mountains are amazing! So was the view from our hotel room!! The resort is called "The Famous Indian Head Resort" because you can see the Indian Head in the side of the mountain (which I never knew existed... I had always heard of the Man in the mountain... but I guess since he fell down now the Indian will get more famous!)

Friday was Nate's Birthday... so had him open his card... I did not have his gift yet, it's coming in the mail. We went to breakfast Friday morning and sat right by the river (we can also see and hear this river from our hotel). Then we headed over to Clark's Bears.... it's a little old museum filled with old things... and has a show with trained bears... it was pretty cool.
After that we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The dinner was supposed to start at 3. It was being held at an Inn and Country Club a little further north. Since it was POURING however it was changed to 5 because we could not sit by the pool or play golf in the rain. Dinner was very yummy and they gave every one a bottle of maple syrup as a favor! After dinner was a fireworks show in honor of Tori (bride) and Steve.
Saturday was the big day! The weather was beautiful, so they got married by the lake at the resort. Their reception was also at the resort and was soooo much fun!!!
Sunday we headed home.... picked up our babies and then ran to Dover for a surprise Birthday party for Nate's buddy Mike.

All in all the weekend was amazing and going back to work today is going to be very tough!!!

No comments: