We tried a new recipe for dinner last night. We have been stuck in a grilling rut and thought it was time to take out our cookbooks and find something new.... so I made Sandra Lee's Hula Hula Pork Kabobs from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Fast-Fix Family Favorites cookbook. A friend gave me this cookbook for Christmas and I have found lots of great things in it!!! I do always change the recipe a little bit and try to use as many fresh veggies as I can instead of the frozen ones some of the recipes ask for. It's easy to do this time of year with our garden FULL of veggies!!! I also like how they list the brand name of the product in this book, I usually look for the brand name on the shelf and then I can buy the generic form of it or if I have a coupon and it's on sale I'll buy the brand name. It makes shopping for the ingredients really easy!
Here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try. Last night we paired it with garden salad and couscous.
Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 16 minutes
•1 1⁄4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
• 1⁄4 cup sesame-ginger marinade, Lawry’s®
• 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, Heinz®
• 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, Kikkoman®
• 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, Christian Brothers®
• 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple wedges, cut into 1-inch cubes, Ready Pac®
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions
1.Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Place pork cubes in a large zip-top bag; set aside. For marinade, in a bowl, combine sesame-ginger marinade, chili sauce, soy sauce, and sherry. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the marinade for basting; pour remaining into bag with pork. Squeeze air out of bag; seal. Gently massage bag to combine. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight.
2.Soak 10-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Thread pork, pineapple, and pepper onto skewers. Place skewers on hot, oiled grill. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side (16 to 24 minutes total) or until pork is cooked through, basting with reserved marinade for the first 10 minutes of cooking time. Discard remaining marinade. Serve hot.
INDOOR METHOD:
1.Prepare as directed. Preheat broiler. Place skewers on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 3 to 5 minutes per side (12 to 20 minutes total) or until pork is cooked through, basting with reserved marinade for the first 8 minutes of cooking time. Discard marinade.
Here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try. Last night we paired it with garden salad and couscous.
Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 16 minutes
•1 1⁄4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
• 1⁄4 cup sesame-ginger marinade, Lawry’s®
• 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, Heinz®
• 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, Kikkoman®
• 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, Christian Brothers®
• 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple wedges, cut into 1-inch cubes, Ready Pac®
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions
1.Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Place pork cubes in a large zip-top bag; set aside. For marinade, in a bowl, combine sesame-ginger marinade, chili sauce, soy sauce, and sherry. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the marinade for basting; pour remaining into bag with pork. Squeeze air out of bag; seal. Gently massage bag to combine. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight.
2.Soak 10-inch wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Thread pork, pineapple, and pepper onto skewers. Place skewers on hot, oiled grill. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side (16 to 24 minutes total) or until pork is cooked through, basting with reserved marinade for the first 10 minutes of cooking time. Discard remaining marinade. Serve hot.
INDOOR METHOD:
1.Prepare as directed. Preheat broiler. Place skewers on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 3 to 5 minutes per side (12 to 20 minutes total) or until pork is cooked through, basting with reserved marinade for the first 8 minutes of cooking time. Discard marinade.
I did change this a little too... I used pork chops because that's we had, I took them out yesterday AM and put them in the bag to marinate and when I got home from my run at 6:45 I cut them into squares so they would be bite sized and fit on the skewer. They were VERY VERY good!!!! A great dinner to enjoy after running my first ever five mile run!!!! I took me 51 minutes and 19 seconds but I ran the whole five miles!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment