Today was just normal... we both went to work, and I was supposed to babysit tonight, but turns out I was not needed so our blessings today... a long walk together with our dogs, the little frogs singing outside as I walked along talking with Nate. Some time in my garden, which was MUCH needed!! We got very heavy rain last night and one of my tomato plants got knocked over so badly the roots came out of the ground, since it is sadly August I figured I would just pull it out and pick the tomatoes. There were still green, but I have heard if you put them in a cardboard box they will still turn red off the vine, so I'm going to try it. I hope it works because I plan on canning them!! Another little blessing in my life, the new found joy of canning. Now I will tell you I HATE winter, it's too long, too cold and too dark, but it's also life and one of the best ways I have found to enjoy winter is to can up some summer and enjoy it in January! So the past few weekends I have been canning away, we started with pickles made from cucumbers that we grew, followed last weekend by peaches from Nate's mom's peach tree. I hope to get some of my tomatoes in there as well and I have another HUGE box of peaches to go!! Needless to say between some renovations in our kitchen and my canning job our house was a mess on Sunday, but in January when we can eat canned peaches or take them to make a peach pie I will be VERY happy that I put in all this work! 


Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Starting Over... Yet Again!
I know... another blog? Really.... but I fully intend to keep up with this! My problem was that I tried to make too many blogs about too many topics... so I have deleted every thing but this one, and I was going to delete this one as well... but there are too many memories in my past posts, so I am going to keep going with this. I want this blog to just be about me and all the blessings God gives me each and every day. I try not to be jealous of other people and not to judge their way of life, I love my life and my God and though my blessings may not be as big as it seems some people's are I still feel blessed every single day and want to share that happiness with others... so here we go.... a day (or so) in the life of Nate and I :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment