My good at work was (as much as I sometimes want to pull my hair out!) the kids. They always see the good things. They built a REALLY cool block run way for a bouncy ball today and almost all 13 of them were sitting on the rug playing together yelling and cheering as they took turns throwing the ball down the ramp and watching it bounce off the wall at the other end. It was fun to see them all playing together. Our summer session at work is kind of a hodge podge of kids who need something fun to do, so we have our preschool aged kids (2.5 to 5) and some of their older siblings... 7 and up. They don't always want to play together we usually have a big kid group and a little kid group but today they all joined in this game and it was so fun to see!!!
I think my grumpy mood is coming from not being able to run this week. I have cellulitus in a toe on my left foot and I'm (sorry for the yucky talk) waiting for my toe nail to fall off before I can run again. It should be any day now, I really hope I can run next week... that's my me time. Though I don't have kids to be with at home after work I do care for many of them all day and they can be demanding!! Plus I have two dogs, a husband and a house to care for after working eight hours a day... so my me time is still very important and I miss running!!! In lieu of going out for my run while dinner cooks, I walked around my yard and took pictures of my flowers. We only have a few weeks left of beautiful flowers in Maine so I thought a few pictures of ours would be fun to have.

The last good I found in my very bad day was dessert :) I should let you know that I eat fruit, vegetables, walk my dogs each day and run about 12 miles every week so that I can enjoy this thing called dessert!!! Tonight I thought we would try some of our newly canned peaches and some strawberries over short bread, we didn't have any short bread so I baked some Pillsbury biscuits (the honey kind) and put my fruit and cool whip on top!! So now that my bad day is behind me, and my house is freshley vacuumed and laundry is in the dryer, my doggies have had their nice long walk and the dishes are almost gone... I'm going to sit back and enjoy this treat!! 
So it worked... now that I have typed this out I no longer see the bad parts of my day.... I have found the good in my no good, terrible, very bad day.... :)
3 comments:
you're blogging again!!! Ya... I always love a good read!!!!!
ah.. don't know why that comment went under that name... becaus it was mine....
me again, trying another comment that will show up under my name!!!!
Post a Comment