I guess I can make myself believe it's ok to buy new shoes when I can pull off grocery shopping trips this like!!! I used to have a coupon blog but now that I'm just making one big blog I'll put my good deals on here too....
At Shaws I got a box of tissues for free... They were $1.00 a box and I had a $1.00 off 5 boxes coupon. Most people say these whole buy 5 save a $1.00 coupons are not worth it, and there not if they are expensive... but for $1.00 a box it was so worth it, because I got five boxes of tissues for $4.00. I also got a free cantaloupe because they are buy one get one free, and a free gallon of milk from a previous sale where you had to buy $10.00 in General Mills products. Of course I only spent $8.00 on the two boxes of cereal and two boxes of Nature Valley bars because of coupons, but because the sale was before coupons I spent $10 and got the coupon for free milk. Dryer sheets were $1.00 and I had a $1.00 off 2 coupon so one box was free, same with salad dressing. It was a $1.00 and I had a $1.00 off 2 coupon so one bottle was free. This is why I never toss out a buy 2 save a $1.00 because sometimes that product is only a dollar and you get one for free!!!! :)
With all my other coupons my grocery total for two people and four animals including all my cleaning supplies and food for the week was $79.17.
I have to add I am NOT a crazy coupon person :) by buying five tubes of toothpaste this now means I wont buy it until all five tubes are gone.. same with my five boxes of tissues. I do have a little stock pile in our basement, but we pick at it as time goes on and we don't buy more of what we already have until it's gone. I refuse to become greedy like those people on TV. I will never buy more than we need and by doing it this way, we get to buy different things, because now I save money each month on toothpaste and can buy something else we may want!!
So my little blessings this blog: legs that work and a body that LOVES to run. A job so I can buy new shoes!!, a good friend who told me all about couponing (I hope she knows how much I love her!!), and this big brown dog in the picture below... because he is clearly going to motivate me so get everything done around my house today :) 
1 comment:
My mom shops at Rite Aid too, I have their little card thing but I need to start going more often and earning Up rewards!!
Post a Comment