Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tee Tee and Crunkle

Ever since our beautiful niece Abbie could talk I have been "Tee Tee" and Nate has been "Crunkle". I have a feeling these names will stick for a long time!! Abbie and I have a good bond. I was there the day she was born and while my amazing sister was recovering from her c-section with my mom in the recovery room I was in the hospital room waiting for Abbie to come up. I was one of the very first people to hold her and just instantly fell in love with her. She amazes me every day and makes me so excited to have my own children someday!!









This weekend my parents left for a trip to Tennessee, to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary. My sister and Abbie live with my parents and so they watch Ab a lot while Sadie works. Sadie works from 5am to 2pm Thurs-Mon so really the best way to watch Abbie is to have her sleep over. She arrived Friday night after a day with her Daddy and Nate and I took her on a Tee Tee, Crunkle, Abbie date! We went out for dinner and then to the mall to do some shopping!!
Saturday we had volunteered to help members of our Home Group with their son's wedding. They needed our truck and trailer to move chairs from our old high school to their wedding location at Newcastle and back again after the wedding. When we went to drop the chairs off in the morning we noticed what a great playground Newcastle has! We decided to go back early and have a picnic dinner with Abbie and play on the playground. We even spyed on the wedding from our picnic spot! It was a beautiful place to get married!! Sunday we went to church and Miss Abbie Babs played in the nursery. She was such a good girl and had so much fun playing with the "babies" (as she calls all kids babies) and the "tractors" (all the toy trucks in the nursery). Sunday afternoon was kind of long... Abbie was off on her sleep schedule and so was I... she just did not want to nap so we were both a little grumpy Sunday.... but I guess that's to be expected when you go from no kids to a two year old and when Abbie just wants to play with me all day and not take time off to sleep!!! :) We went to my grandparents for a BBQ Sunday night and then Abbie crashed in bed until Monday.


We ended our weekend together with one last trip to The Blinky Cone... it's this silly little ice cream place (really called York Dairy Bar) along the beach. For some reason it's my favorite ice cream place around here (and we have a LOT!). In high school it was awesome because they are so cheap! It used to be $1.32 for a small twist with sprinkles... so you could just find change in the bottom of your car and afford an ice cream! Now it's $2.00 for a small twist with sprinkles... but we can still swing that!! It was our last ice cream there of the season, they close until next July....

In just about an hour I'm heading off to work... no more filling the pool first thing and playing outside with the kids for hours... it's back to letters, numbers and colors.... This will be my fourth preschool class!! I actually LOVE the first day of preschool through Christmas vacation, not that I don't love the rest of the year, but now until Christmas is so fun with so many great field trips and Christmas concerts.... I guess Summer ending is not TOO sad, fall is pretty awesome too!!!


*I have to throw in these two pictures as well... the first is Abbie and Banjo enjoying breakfast... or Abbie sharing her milk with Banjo... he thinks all this "free people food" is the best thing ever!!! The second is Abbie "Abbie like's Tee Tee's Shoes" she says

1 comment:

sue said...

thanks a MILLION for stepping in with Abbie... we all love her so much, but she is "alot of work".. and because you helped.. Daddy and I are having a great time away.... you're the best Tee Tee and this little gal is so lucky to have you as her auntie!!!!!!!