I've gotten a lot done at home this week which feels amazing! Our kitchen is for sure not done (we still need to paint the cabinets and we want a new counter top... we are not a huge fan of our orange one!) but I did get all the walls and most of the trim done this week!! I got it all to a stopping point yesterday and even hung some pictures! I LOVE the color we have chosen! This weekend we will put the floor trim boards down and work in the room where our woodstove is. It's also part of our dining room/kitchen but it needed more work done so we thought we would get as much of the kitchen done as we could before moving into this space. Here is what we have right now: 



We took a break from kitchen work to take an actual vacation day! Nate took today and tomorrow off so he could have a little break too and to get things done around here... but today we chose to run away. Ever since we went to the Boston Aquarium in February and drove by the billboard Nate has wanted to go to Battle Ship Cove in Fall River MA. It was a pretty long drive, almost to Road Island... but we decided if we didn't go now, we would never go! It was pretty cool. I am not a fan of small spaces, but I put on my big girl shoes and went in two of the four ships there you can tour. (the third one was a submarine (WAY TOO SMALL FOR ME!) and the fourth was a German war ship that Nate didn't really care to go into) We had a lot of fun touring around and it never ceases to amaze me how smart my husband is. He is a huge fan of history especially world war one and world war two, he is like having my own little tour guide! He always teaches me so much when we go to places like this. I know the basics from school and from reading on my own... but Nate just knows everything about how these ships work and what each little gun and ship part was used for. 




After our battle ship tours we stopped over to this really cool carousel they had in the park next to the ships. It was built in 1920 and all the horses were hand carved from wood. I just had to ride it because I know my mom would have yelled at me for passing up such a cool carousel! Plus it was only a dollar a ride!
Our next stop was DSW! My only wish if I was going to spend my day in old ships was a trip to my most favorite shoe store!!! I found a really cute pair of Guess boots for 70% off!!!! :)
Our final stop was Sonic for dinner. One of the things I miss most about North Carolina was Sonic!!! My chicken wrap and chocolate milk shake were all I could have wanted!!!!!
My blessings for today include:
*time off of work to rejuvenate for the upcoming Preschool year
*time with my wonderful husband!
*and new brown boots from DSW! :)
1 comment:
so glad you rode that merry go round!!! (smile NATE!!!) I would have been sad if you had passed it by!!! and you know I would have jumped right on!!!! glad you had such a nice day, it's good to get away.....
Post a Comment