Sunday, October 16, 2011

Abbie's 2nd Birthday

My amazing niece turned two today!!!! I don't know where two years went!!!! It seems like yesterday that I was waiting at the hospital to meet her!!! After 16 hours of labor my sister ended up having Abbie c-section. The nurse gave me a choice of going down the OR with her and my mom or staying in her hospital room to see Abbie when they brought her up to be weighed while Sadie was in recovery. I chose to stay in the room and wait... my brave sister and Mom went down the OR and just about twenty minutes later Sadie was recovering with my Mom by her side and Abbie was in my arms!!! I feel so blessed that my sister wanted me to be such a big part of her having Abbie and incredibly blessed that I was one of the first people to hold her!!! This is Abbie on her first Birthday... she has changed so much since then!










Today my Mom and Sadie threw Abbie a Birthday party. It was a beautiful cool fall day (unlike the year she was born when it was SNOWING!) Our family came to help us celebrate!!





The day was just really wonderful, I feel so blessed to be living in Maine again and not missing out on all of this in North Carolina!!! A good friend of ours who is also the breeder of our dog Banjo joined the party as well. She has Banjo's Mom, Dad and his two sisters Dorie and Julia. Banjo always gets so excited to see her and he LOVES playing with his sisters!! Here are all three chessies running in my Mom's field.





I just talked to my mom on the phone and Abbie is SOUND asleep after a wonderful 2nd Birthday!!!

1 comment:

sue said...

FIRST off, I thought your cake was amazing, both in taste and design!!! secondly, we all threw the party, I couldn't have had all that great food without your help... and thirdly... Abbie is madly in love with her TEE TEE and after you left, she sadly said, "TEE TEE gone home".... it was a great day...