We had lots of good food at her party, sadly I forgot to take a picture of this but one of the things I made (along with my most favorite California Black Bean Chili posted in an earlier blog) was cheese soup. I got this recipe from my good friend Mandi... sadly I lost the good copy she gave me with all the directions to put it all together so I kind of wing it now... but this is how I make it...
Cheese Soup
3 Tb butter
4Tb flour
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1/2 onion chopped
3/4lb graded cheese
1 cup cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
(this is the part I kind of make up)
in sauce pan melt butter and then add in flour... whisk until smooth. You can either leave it in the sauce pan and add everything else to eat right away, or I add the milk, cream and cheese in the sauce pan and stir until cheese is melted. Then I add that and the rest of the ingredients (plus some broccoli) to the crock pot, put on low and eat once broccoli is soft. It's pretty easy and SOOOO yummy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment