Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crock Pot Peach Cobbler & Almost Lasagna

I have wonderful friends who also LOVE to cook! So I stole these two ideas from my friends Christy and Mandi.








Crock Pot Peach Cobbler


1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup Bisquick

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 can evaporated milk

2Tbs butter melted

2 eggs

3 lg peaches mashed

2 tsp vanilla

3/4 tsp ground cinnamon


grease crock pot. combine sugars and baking mix. add eggs and vanilla. stir. pour milk and butter. stir. mix in peaches and cinnamon. Pour into crock pot and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.


This was SOOO good! I made it Monday and when I got home from school Monday night dessert was ready for us! Nate and I catch up on Pan Am on Monday nights because we cannot stay away until 11 to watch it on Sunday's so it was a great thing to enjoy on the couch with Nate while we watched our show! We ate it warm with whipped cream on top and I used a can of peaches from my canning this summer!







Almost Lasagna


(Mandi how do I tag your blog in my blog??)


1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked, (or other similarly shaped pasta-like small shells)
1 pound Ground turkey, (or beef, chicken, sausage or tofu crumbles)
1 jar Pasta Sauce, (26 ounces)
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 pound Ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups veggies , (diced zucchini, matchstick carrots, etc.) (this is a direct copy from Mandi's blog but I used a bag of frozen mixed veggies, so it had peas and carrots and lima beans I LOVED it, but Nate did not... next time we will use spinach or zucchini)
salt and pepper


Directions
Brown meat and drain well, if necessary.
While meat is cooking, stir together eggs, ricotta, grated Parmesan and salt and pepper.
Mix cooked meat, macaroni, sauce and veggies. Add ricotta mixture and blend well.
Coat a 9-by-13 baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil and spread half of macaroni mixture evenly over the bottom. Top with a cup of mozzarella and a healthy sprinkle of grated Parmesan. Add the remaining macaroni mixture and top with another cup of mozzarella and another sprinkle of Parmesan. Cover with foil.
Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake the casserole for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is lightly browned and bubbly.


I made this yesterday morning before work and when we got home just threw it in the oven. It was so easy and sooo yummy!!!! (THANKS MANDI AND CHRISTY FOR THE NEW IDEAS!)

No comments: