Friday, October 28, 2011

Strength

It amazes me what flowers can stand up to. They are not every strong looking, they are so small and so beautiful, yet they have amazing strength. Our flowers this year have stood up to hail, thunderstorms, even a hurricane... and now SNOW! I know the flowers in this picture are fall flowers so they are little stronger than some, but I still have roses on my rose bushes!!






Last night we got our first snow of the season. I will be the first to tell you how much I hate snow, I hate being cold, I hate everything being the same white color, I hate the lack of sunshine, I hate being stuck inside.... my list goes on and on.... however, there is NOTHING like the first snow. It's exciting... we live in a place where the seasons change and it's a pretty amazing thing how God designed this planet to change like that.
Nate got home from school around 9 and it was snowing pretty good, we had two crazy dogs on our hands so we took a little first snow fall walk. One thing I do love about snow is how quietly it falls.... The world is very peaceful in the snow.

The kids at school were soooo excited about the news of snow and told me yesterday (before we had even seen a snowflake) that they would wear their snow pants and boots to school so we could build a snowman.... I had to bring them back to reality and inform them that we were for sure not going to get enough snow to do that until MUCH closer to Christmas... but, I might be wrong. The first thing I heard the weather man say this morning was that we have a winter storm watch and 3 to 6 inches of snow coming.... we may be building a snowman on Monday..... It's only OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to need a lot of strength this winter....

1 comment:

sue said...

love that picture of you and Nate... so Abbie wasnt' the only one playing out in the snow.. face it Kas.. you're a New Englander like it or not....143