Nate surprised me a few weeks ago with tickets to go see the Rockettes in Boston and today was the day!! They were performing at the Wang theater, and we went to the 2:00 show. It was everything I could have ever asked for!! The theater is beautiful inside, and the show was just amazing. It was truly a dream come true. They did not allow people to take pictures during the show, and were coming over and asking you to turn your camera off if you even tried, but I did sneak in a couple...




Here the Rockette's are performing the act "Let Christmas Shine"
And here is their live Nativity... which was breath taking. It's so wonderful that they still have this as part of their show, and really blessed me to see that people do still know why we celebrate Christmas. They even had two real camels and some sheep on stage. I was lost for words.... to hear and see the birth of Christ like that, it was wonderful.
After the show we walked across the street to Rock Bottom for dinner. It was delicious, and Nate was surprised to find his very own tap at our table... he could sample all the beer he wanted!!! :) Which after sitting through the Rockette's with me, I think he deserved a little "guy" time.
One our way home we remembered that our town had their living nativity going on. We always seem to miss it, but since we were going right by we stopped. This is also really cool, a local church in our town puts this on and you drive through and read the signs that tell you the Christmas story. These wonderful people were standing outside in 29 degree weather to spread the Gospel. It was very very cool to see. 

I don't think I could have had a better day. Today was filled with little and BIG blessings! This is what Christmas means to me... the birth of my Lord, time with someone I love more than words can explain, and memories that I will have forever. I really could not ask for more.
1 comment:
oh what a great day you had!!! I am so happy for you, the pics were good!!! another year, perhaps we can join you!!!
Post a Comment