Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ho Ho Ho?

You wont find me talking about Santa much, and as kids my mom had this great way of making sure we knew that Santa was pretend... don't get me wrong we put cookies out, we took pictures with him at the mall, we got gifts that said: To Kassy From Santa... but we always knew Santa was just pretend, so much fun, but just pretend... because getting gifts from a stranger who lives at the North Pole is not why we celebrate Christmas. Christmas is about the birth of Jesus, and has nothing to do with Santa or trees, Candy or Gifts. This is something Nate and I will for sure pass onto our kids, no letters to Santa with LONG lists of all the things you want.... no threats like "Santa is watching" because you will get a gift either way, because I love you. Just like we were given Jesus even though we for sure did not deserve Him, because God loves us. I am thankful my Mom and Dad worked so hard to raise us this way because when I look back on childhood Christmas' I don't think so much about what I got, sure there are a few where I got something AMAZING like an American Girl Doll and I will never forget those... but I remember candle light service at church, shopping with my Mom for a gift to give away to someone who needs one, shopping for my family members and picking out something they will love. Eating Christmas meals with my family. I have wonderful memories and none of them are because of Santa.... ok... now that I vented out my personal thoughts on the big man... here is WHY I am blogging today....


We had our preschool Christmas party last night. It was a blast!! My boss rented out a local restaurant and we had a pot luck. The kids sang their Christmas songs that we have been working on for weeks... they sounded great!!! Sadly I missed seeing them sing, because I was out back with my darling husband.... transforming him into SANTA!


My boss had asked me right after Halloween if I thought Nate would play Santa, since we don't have children we didn't have to worry about anyone knowing who he was. I was a little surprised, but Nate said he would do it!!


Last night he walked into the restaurant with a big bag of toys and proudly "Ho Ho Ho'ed" for all the kids. The look on their faces was priceless!!! It did remind even me... that Santa is very magical for a three year old. The kids were SO excited to see him at our party!!!

Each child got a gift and they all seemed very happy and grateful. Each one said Thank You or Merry Christmas to Santa as they took their gift.


The kids have been a big blessing to me this year. One of the reasons I love working with preschoolers is how honest they are and how exciting life is. They just love life, and so do I. I am blessed to share each day with these little people who are just happy to be awake and together.


Santa or no Santa, Christmas or another Holiday... it really is a wonderful time of year and I am so blessed to be able to enjoy it!!

1 comment:

sue said...

OK.... so THAT only took me three times to read because I couldn't see threw the tears...