It was really really wonderful!!! It was great to get to know new people especially people from our church and people who totally share and understand our Faith. The night was way over a $20 date night, but Nate and I are so thankful and fully plan on paying this date night forward to give someone else a great night sometime... sometimes I just feel so blessed that God lead us to this church and this life, my biggest goal is to share His love with others and last night showed me just another awesome way to spread His word.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
My First Hockey Game!
A few weeks before Christmas our Sunday school group had a "date night Yankee Swap". It was a $20 limit and everyone had to come up with a date night. (our Sunday school class is all married couples). Nate and I brought in a stay in date night with pasta, pasta sauce and a big bowl.. and some other items to make a yummy dinner at home (in case whomever got it could not get a babysitter)... a new couple had joined our class just that morning and were informed we were doing a Yankee swap but not that it was a "date night" so they brought in some jars of jam... of course Nate and I ended up with the jam :) .... the last people to pick gifts were the leaders of the class we have four couples that are in charge of what we do and keep us organized, each of them brought in a really cool date night... Ed and Janet saw that Nate and I had ended up with jam (not that we don't like jam!!! please don't get me wrong!! we would have taken it home and used it happily!!) and traded with us. In trade we got tickets to a Manchester Monarchs hockey game!! The only "catch" was that Ed and Janet got to go with us!!! We went last night and had a BLAST!!! We didn't know Ed and Janet very well so getting to know them was so much fun, we went to dinner at a very yummy restaurant just down from the Verizon Center and then enjoyed the game. I had never been to a hockey game before so I was so excited to see everything there was to see. I can't even tell you how much fun we had with them or how thankful we are to them for our great date night!!! 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AWESOME!!!
that is too cool and what a great idea... so glad you had a really fun night... sometimes it nice to take a "break" from life and simply have fun....
Post a Comment