Thursday, April 12, 2012

A God Wink

My Mom uses the term "God Wink" meaning every once in a while something happens that you don't understand. Then God takes that something and makes it something wonderful! Just a little "God Wink" to remind you that this world is not ours and that this life is just temporary and that God is totally in control of everything we do.
This week was a God Wink for me. Right now I have Monday's off because I have class in the afternoon and it gives me the morning to get some homework and housework done. It was MUCH needed this past Monday since our weekend was so crazy and I was home a total of ten hours all week and seven of those I was sleeping. So Monday morning I picked away at chores around the house and I was mopping my floor I felt a familiar twinge.... "great, there goes my back!" (a little back story on my back... I have a 6th lumbar vertebrae when most people have five. 99% of the time it does not bother me to the point that I have to stop moving... however there is this 1% of the time where something slips back there and my nerve is pinched, my torso goes crooked, I can't stand and can hardly walk.) when it happened on Monday I instantly stopped cleaning, got my ice pack and retreated to my couch to take it easy... sometimes when it does this I can fix it on my own. I rested for about a half hour and when I went to stand up off the couch I was done for. I was crooked, I couldn't really get up and I just knew it was over.... I called my chiropractor who must love my emergency calls and some how got myself there. He was able to fix it pretty good for a few hours... then I pushed myself and drove to school and sat in class... I should have stayed home... by the time I got out of the car when I was home from class I couldn't stand up. My wonderful boss gave me a few days off and so began my week of ice, stretch, rest... ice stretch, rest.... The worst part about a back problem is that you HAVE to rest, but you don't feel sick! I am not good at resting anyway... but it's worse when you feel fine and just can't physically move.
Long week short, it's now Thursday... I am still a bit on the crooked side but I can walk around now... I am heading to the chiropractor (for the third time this week!) in a few hours and then back to work this afternoon.
Oh.. and point of my blog... my God Wink.... well not only did He and I have lots of time this week for long talks, but yesterday my most amazing husband stayed home with me! So we got a day together in the middle of the week!!!! Nate had some errands he had to run and when he came home he told me he was going to finish our cabinets... yes... the ones we started to paint in AUGUST! yes... we know... :) but NOW they are DONE!! I pretty much supervised and sat at the table painting a few doors while Nate did the rest, but here we have it. ALL (except one door that we are having replaced) our cabinets are DONE!!!!!!! Now onto a new counter top.... lets hope that project doesn't take us eight months to complete!

2 comments:

Amanda K. said...

Looks great Kas!!

sue said...

wow.. that looks so grand!!! I'm sad you were "made to lay low", but so glad that you can see the good in something even like this. Go easy though, you still have some healing that needs to be done..... blessed God Winks!!!