Every other Friday night Nate and I attend our home group Bible study. It's a group of couples who range from grandparent age to in their 20's. We all get together and discuss whatever book or chapter we are reading. Nate and I have been going for two years now.
We had to take the fall off because I was working over eight hours on Friday's and by the time 6:30 rolled around, and it was time to leave I was exhausted. This past Friday was our first Friday back to home group, since I am home now and have some time to relax before we have to go.
I was really excited to get back to the swing of going, and Nate was excited to talk about our new book. It's all about how Christians should be involved in politics, which is a subject near to his heart. We had home made pizza for dinner and headed out the door. Home group started as normal, (though we did do a sort of prayer request at the beginning! SNEAKY!) and we got into our subject. At 8:00 the door opened... one of our members was missing and a few had wandered in late so I figured it was just a late arrival.... but NO! In walked a bunch of wonderful ladies with balloons and a cake! AND gifts... for ME! I was shocked! My face turned red in a second and everyone yelled surprise and Nate said "It's a baby shower!" I had no idea! I didn't even have time to react, the next thing I knew they were tossing up decorations, setting out food, the men had run off to do whatever they did, and everyone was ready to watch me open gifts. It was amazing! I cannot believe people left their homes at 8pm to come celebrate our baby! I had a great time and was given some beautiful gifts!! My mom even surprised me and joined in!
I spent the day yesterday puttering around Reagan's room putting his new things away. I feel so blessed to be preparing for him, and so loved by others for the gifts they have given him! He is a very very lucky little boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment