Yesterday was a stay home and catch up kind of day. We had a really wonderful but busy weekend!
Friday night we had our home group Bible study, though Nate missed out due to a paper he had to stay home and type.
Saturday we watched my six year old cousin Naomi for a bit. The three of us went to Babies R Us and bought some last minute baby things and then went out for lunch. After that we spent the afternoon doing things at home. Saturday night we went to a Birthday party for a friend. It was an awesome party by the way! We have been getting to know more couples at church! It's been great. We have been going to the same church since 2008, but we are not super out going and for no real reason we just have not gotten to know many people our age. Almost two years ago we took the membership class to finally become members of the church and that really helped us meet some new people. From then on we have been better about getting involved and getting out there. Saturday night's Birthday girl was a new friend from church and it was just really fun to talk with everyone outside of a church event and just really get to know everyone. We had a really great time!! (thanks again Jenny!) There was a photo booth type thing going at the party, Nate and I posed for a silly picture.
Sunday we actually didn't make it to church because I was attending a gun safety class. I will be honest I had NO desire to take this class, my mind is consumed with birth, nursing and cloth diapers. I felt like I had no room to soak in any more information on anything. We have taken so many random classes in the past few months to prepare to become the best parents we can be, and how to use a gun was the last thing I cared about. I was actually really over whelmed with the idea of having to sit there and try to remember more information, not to mention information on a totally different subject than everything I'm already trying to remember. The class was taught by a customer of Nate's and was held at Nate's parents house, they had to have enough people to go to hold the class so I kind of had to go. In the end I was really glad I did. Having a husband whose hobby is his guns it is nice to know how they work. Nate has tried many times to teach me to shoot, and even to dry fire his guns but holding a gun comes as natural to my Marine husband as holding a pen. The whole subject was lost on me. He would skip parts that he just didn't even think of because it all just comes natural to him. Guns make me nervous to begin with. However having a little boy, who will have a Daddy who loves to target shoot... I guess I should know a thing or two as well. I left the class feeling like I did actually learn something and I am much more comfortable with a gun now. We didn't do any actual shooting, which is good because there was enough information as it was. We will have a second part to the class in warmer weather to learn to shoot. Hopefully I can practice with Nate and few times before then and try to get over being so nervous around them.
Now that I have rambled on about my entire weekend... the point of my blog was this. I stayed home yesterday (other than a couple of errands to the store) and just caught up. Around noon it started snowing and my Bible study got canceled so I just decided to cook something yummy for dinner and bake. I went to my go to place of Pinterest and found these three recipes... you really have to try them!
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/ This just sounded good to me. Anything that will give my 35 week pregnant bum some added energy works for me! They took about two seconds to make and tasted very good!
http://homesteadsurvival.blogspot.com/2013/01/spinach-lasagna-roll-ups-recipe-budget.html This was an amazing idea! Both Nate and I love lasagna, but it's pretty much a waste on two people. We eat one serving for dinner, maybe one for lunch the next day and then pretty much it goes to the trash. These lasagna roll ups were perfect because I made just enough for two of us, plus they were packed with spinach and I've been in love with spinach lately!!
http://lovintheoven.com/2010/03/cinnamon-swirl-banana-bread.html Lastly I had some gooey bananas staring at me from the fruit bowl. This is one of the best banana breads I have ever tried. It was super easy to make and was a delicious dessert last night and breakfast this morning!!


No comments:
Post a Comment