Friday, February 1, 2013

How Did We Get Here?

It's February 1st!!!! How did we get here already?

It seems like forever ago, and only yesterday that we found out we were going to have a baby! We found out in June and told the world of facebook with this photo in August. I remember writing the little signs I hung on the doggie's necks thinking "February is SO far away!"... here we are!! Chances are pretty good that we wont actually meet Mr. Reagan until March since his due date is the 28th of this month, but you never know!!!

I love February for a few reasons, one it's super short so I feel like we can fast forward a month closer to summer... and two of my favorite holidays is in February. Christmas is for sure my most favorite but Valentine's Day is a close second. I have always since I was a kid, loved Valentine's Day. I LOVE getting to tell my friends and family how much they mean to me! I love how everything is pink, and flowery and you can just feel Spring getting closer!!

Valentine's Day is so hard with a husband. I mean, a box of chocolates and some flowers don't exactly bring a grin to his face and it's not that big of a holiday so I don't think it's necessary for a big gift. We usually do dinner somewhere nice and just spend time together. I wanted to do something special for Nate this year... he has been so wonderful to me! My amazing husband works full time, goes to school at night and keeps up with his side of the house work. He's just awesome! He never ever complains! A few days ago we had a little snow overnight and he needed to do his plow jobs before work, that awesome man got up went and plowed, went to work all day and then to class at night... all while this lazy housewife got to stay home. I felt pretty guilty that day that my new job allows me to be home all the time. I know I will get busier when the baby is here, but really I hope my husband knows how thankful I am for his support in letting me stay home. ANYWAYS... while looking for good ideas for Valentine's Day gifts I came across a great one on Pinterest (of course!) to do one nice thing a day for the fourteen days leading up to Valentine's Day! It's mostly one little treat with a love note on it, but if you know my husband some of the treats I got for him are really going to make his day! I started today, I left a box of one of his favorite cereals (one I don't buy him very often because it's not exactly up there on the health charts) on his dresser with a little note that said "You're the apple of my eye!" So this morning instead of a whole wheat raisin English muffin with peanut butter Nate got to eat one of his favorite things!! I am so excited about the next few weeks when I can spoil him a bit. It was a great idea because it cost next to nothing to grab these little items, but who doesn't want to wake up to a surprise every day?

Another Pinterest find and another thing you really should make are these oatmeal cream pies. We are going to a Super Bowl party on Sunday and I thought these would be a yummy treat to make. I tried a batch last night to make sure they were good (because sometimes with Pinterest you never know!).. they are not too bad for you and they were VERY yummy!! http://moreoatsplease.wordpress.com/recipes/dessert/oatmeal-cream-pies/



Baby and I are both doing great! 36 weeks yesterday! I have been feeling more tired at the end of the day, but I would say that is to be expected. I have one spot on my stomach where I think I've pulled a muscle or something, the past two days it's really hurt! I have a doctor's appointment next week so if it's still bothering me I'll have to ask them about it. It feels like a pulled muscle. Reagan moves a ton, I can watch him go from one side of my belly to the other! It's so cool. He does this freaky thing where he runs his foot or arm or whatever part of him it is down my side, it feels like a bug or something in there. It's creepy and I don't like it! I am for sure ready for my body to be mine again. I can't wait to start running, and just to feel like myself again. It has been a wonderful experience getting to make a baby, but I am ready to HOLD this baby and kiss this baby!! I can't wait to see who he looks like and hear his little sounds!!! Four weeks to go!



2 comments:

Jourdan said...

Kassy those oatmeal pies look great! I may have to make those for my sister in laws superbowl party on Sunday!
I can't imagine how you are feeling knowing your baby could arrive this month. My friend Kelsey just had her baby girl, Kenley, last night, and it is so surreal! I bet it will be like a dream so enjoy every second.....<3

Anonymous said...

Janina here from MoreOatsPlease. Im so glad you tried and liked the oatmeal cream pies! I have gotten a lot of good feedback from them and am glad you enjoyed them also. Thanks for the share! I agree with you in that many recipes out there are mehhh.

Love your blog and good luck with the pregnancy!
-janina