Monday, February 4, 2013
sodamazing
24 days until Reagan's due date!!!
I am having SO much fun with Nate's 14 days of Valentine's Day gifts! This was the best idea!!! He is really having fun with it too which makes me so happy!!!
Day 2 was a container of Honey Roasted Peanuts that said "Honey, comb your hair! We are going on a date tonight!" Not only did we go on a date, but I told Nate that he had to pick where we went. We have differing ideas on what is a good restaurant. I like to try new food and lean more towards the salads and chicken dishes. Nate likes things the same, and is a meat and potatoes guy. It's not very often that he gets to pick where we go and I don't put up a fight. I promised myself I would stay quiet and let him pick. (fully expecting him to pick pizza hut or Chinese food because he LOVES it and I hate it) He was so cute all day, trying to make up his mind. He had the iPad out several times looking for places we had never been and then going back to saying he should stick with places he knows so that he knows the food will be good. In the end he surprised me by picking a small local Italian restaurant called Renaldo's. We have been there many times before, but we always forget about it and it's SO yummy! It was packed, but most of the people waiting were big parties so when we said "just two" they were able to seat us right away, which was good because I was starving! It was a perfect date night! We are going to try to take a few more to some of our favorite out of the way spots before baby Reagan comes. I am sure we will still eat out with our families quite a bit, but quiet just the two of us nights are getting limited!!!
Day 3 was a box of hot tamales that just said "You're one hot tamale".
Today's gift is a bottle of Pepsi that says "You're sodamazing". Seems silly, but we don't drink soda. Ever. I never buy it because I know whats in it and it's one of the worst things out there for you to drink. We are huge water, milk... and sometimes juice fans in this house. However we both LOVE soda. Coke is my weakness and I am only allowed to drink it at the movie theater. I don't know why but I can't make it through a movie in the theater with out a coke.... since I go to the movies maybe six times a year, I think that's an ok thing to give into. Nate's soda weakness is Pepsi. He allows himself to drink it with pizza... well tonight we are making home made pizza for dinner so I thought what a perfect Day 4 gift to go with dinner. :)
He will also get his Day 5 gift tonight so that he can take them to work and snack on them tomorrow. (I would give them to him in the morning, but he wakes up before me!) Day 5 is a package of mixed nuts that says "I'm nuts about you!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment