Thursday, February 7, 2013

Storm Prepping

I didn't believe it until now, in fact, I still don't know if I believe it.... but we are supposed to get over 24 inches of snow tomorrow and Saturday. The weather man predicted a big storm a few weeks ago and we woke up that morning to not even ONE snow flake on the ground. They made a big deal about that storm, but this one is a bigger deal. I guess this is really considered a blizzard!

My day today shall consist of laundry, cleaning and maybe a run to the grocery store. One great thing about being as OCD as I am is that there is really nothing we need other than some extra D batteries. We have food, water, gas for our generator... we are ready for whatever comes our way.

Everyone keeps telling me to be careful because storms bring babies... I guess we will just have to wait and see. We have 22 days until Reagan's due date, so he would be a little early... but not too early! It would be kind of fun to give birth in a blizzard, it would give me something to do! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks good! I am measuring a little on the small side, I was right between 36 and 37 weeks, closer to 36 and I should be right at 37 so really it is not a big deal at all. She said as long I've grown next week she's not concerned. It helps that I am 5'8 too, he has a lot of room to go up and down and doesn't need so much poking out room. She guessed he was around 5 pounds, but she said it was just a guess. I've been having some cramps and just some uncomfortable pains, all normal and all a good sign that my body is starting to think "get this kid out of here!" The pain in the side of my stomach that I have been feeling is gone at the moment, but it comes and goes. I thought maybe I had pulled a muscle, but my midwife thinks it's his knees pushing on a ligament and causing pain. Which does make sense since it goes away sometimes, he may have moved and then comes back again.

A week from today is Valentine's Day :) Nate's day six gift was a bag of combo pretzels that said "We make a great combo!" His day seven will be a pack of gum that says "I wouldn't chews anyone but you!"

I'm trying a new lasagna recipe for dinner tonight. We are having some new friends from church over... I hope it comes out good since this is the first time I will have cooked for them!!! Wish me luck!

No comments: