I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Everything looked good, baby Reagan sounds great, his heart rate was around 140. I am looking good, I've lost a couple of pounds but, food and I have not been getting along. I feel really full after a couple of bites and if I push it to far I feel just plain sick. My midwives assure me it's normal because my stomach is so squished right now. My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been but they still were not super worried. So all is well....
Yesterday I got up with Nate so I could take him to work... to add to our broken Jetta (which is in the shop and should be done today!) we now have a broken truck.... Nate's brakes let go on him on his way to work on Wednesday. Awesome. Just what we needed when we are due to get ANOTHER snow storm this weekend. Thankfully my awesome Dad will pick up the plowing for us and we pretty much just have to wait. Nate can fix the brakes himself which saves us tons of money, but we need some warmer weather... even just one warm day so he can get his truck up on the lift at work and get it done. Not something I am allowing myself to stress over, it's just a truck!! We can borrow a shop truck from Nate's work until he can get his fixed and all will be fine!! I'd rather our cars break than something more serious!! So... I got up with Nate so I could take him to work and work with him for a few hours in the office. I didn't feel great when I woke up, I was super swollen, something that has not been an issue since I've been pregnant and I just felt yucky. I figured I needed breakfast, so I ate and just started getting on with the day. Around 10, I really didn't feel well and was still pretty swollen... one of the amazing blessings of working for Nate's Dad is that he totally understands when I've just had enough. I told him I was sorry but I needed to go home, I just wanted to rest for a bit. On my way home I got thinking about being swollen and not feeling well... and thought maybe I should call my doctor just to ask what they think. I called, and they told me to come in for a blood pressure reading. My blood pressure was high in their office and I had a little protein in my urine, so they send me right to birthing to be monitored. I called Nate whom was the best Daddy-to-be ever and left work right away!! (even though I told him I didn't think he had to rush there just yet). They hooked me all up at the hospital and started taking blood pressure readings, the first one was a little high, but of course lower than it was at the doctor... which shocked me because at this point I was starting to think "am I really ready for this baby!?!" Reagan sounded great on the monitor, his heart rate was 135 to 161 depending on how he moved and what he was doing while I was hooked up. I had a couple of contractions on the monitor but only felt one of them. They got three normal blood pressure readings, took a bunch of blood, checked my urine again... and pretty much there was nothing wrong. There was still and itty bitty bit of protein in my urine at the hospital, but she said it was seriously nothing. Since my blood pressure had dropped back (even after being rushed over there and hooked all up and getting stressed) they figured it was fine. They sent me home to rest and drink. Which I did and this morning I am not at all as swollen and feeling pretty good. I have some cramps and some other pinchy pains but I am sure those are normal!!
It was bitter sweet yesterday, I don't want to be induced and I really don't want to be induced due to a blood pressure issue so I am very very thankful that it all ended up being fine... however part of me was pretty excited to think that I could have been getting this show on the road! I guess it's just not Baby Reagan's time yet. We have six days until his due date, and a big 'ol snow storm coming Saturday.... maybe our luck will change. Until then my hospital bag sits in his crib waiting to be grabbed, hopefully in a hurry after my water breaks and then we will KNOW it's his time!
No comments:
Post a Comment