Monday, February 18, 2013

Let's Go Reagan... Let's Go!

Ten days..... ten long cold winter days until Reagan's due date... which of course means nothing because he could very well choose to stay in there for another ten days after that!

 I really should not complain, I am healthy, he is healthy and things have been going great! I feel pretty good too! At the end of the day I am pretty much done, I'm tired and ready to rest for the night by 7pm. In the mornings I wake up full of energy and feeling good!

I went to the doctor last Wednesday and go again this Wednesday. The appoitment went great, my midwife checked me for progress... you can skip this if you don't want to hear the detials... I'm 50% effaced and about a finger tip dialated. Reagan's head is super low, she could feel it right away. His heart beat was about 145 to 150 and he was moving all around. My blood pressure is fine, and everything looks good. My bellly is still measuring at about 36 weeks and I was 37 weeks at that appoitment, but where he is so low and I have a really long torso my midwife is pretty sure it's more the shape of it than it's size. The baby has grown from what she could feel, and I had gained another pound so she wasn't worried.

There is really not too much to report.... Valentine's Day has come and gone. I finished up Nate's 14 days of gifts with a new tee shirt from one of his favorite tee shirt companies. He came home with a beautiful mini rose bush and a box of chocolates for me. Every Valentine's Day Nate buys me a plant, not flowers. He always gets me something I can move into a bigger pot or outside in the spring. I love that idea because then I can enjoy it a lot longer than I get to enjoy a boquet of flowers!!

Thanks to an awesome gift from my friend Amanda we got Reagan's car seat a few days ago, so now we are really ready to go!! Banjo was pretty interested in it as I got it out of the box. I'm trying to just let the dogs sniff everything all over, they are very interested in the baby items and I want as little change for them as possible.

This past weekend I went to my parent's house to learn how to needle felt. I don't really know how to explain it other than you start with a ball of wool. Not yarn, wool... from the sheep... and you poke it with this special needle over and over. As you poke it you start to pack it in a shape and you just kind of poke and mold the wool until it becomes what you're trying to make! We made these little owls!! It was really fun!!

In this process I discovered that this is how you make wool dryer balls. I have two wool dryer balls to use in the dryer with Reagan's cloth diapers because you cannot use dryer sheets with them. The softner in the dryer sheet will ruin the way the diaper absorbs. However in New England in the winter everything is so dry and full of static, so you have to put something in there. Wool dryer balls do the same thing a dryer sheet would, but wont ruin the diaper. I paid a lot of money for the two I have, I was pretty excited to learn how to make them for myself!!!!





No comments: