Yesterday was a LONG day!! We didn't really realize just how much snow was out there until we went to move it! As a little side job Nate plows driveways for my Dad. My Dad owns some rental houses in our town and since we live right here its easy for us to go plow his renters out. Well... it's usually easy. We left at 11am yesterday (I go along to get out of the house and to help when I can, we would have left earlier but as I said in the earlier blog, our truck was stuck!) and started our first house. It took us an hour an a half to move the snow... we came back home for lunch and then went back out around 1pm. From 1pm to 5:30 pm we plowed five houses. It took forever!! It usually takes just about thirty minutes to plow and snow blow a house, so we should have been done around 3:30, but there was just SO much snow!! Not to mention people are kind of dumb, I like to get out and enjoy the beauty of the snow just as much as the next person. However there were people cross country skiing down the main roads to the beaches, and just out walking. Two of our houses are right on the beach and it was so hard to plow around people out walking and skiing!! Nate was getting so upset. We finally finished, ordered a pizza and crashed at home the rest of the night.
Today we woke up to beautiful sunshine!! I love how blue the sky is after a storm. We had to go to Nate's shop for a bit to hook up some new computers for a new computer system and when we got home we played with the dogs in the snow and cleaned up our own driveway since we didn't get to it yesterday. I walked in the tiny patch of woods we have behind our house with the pups. It is so pretty out there and the snow is up to my thighs!!
All in all we faired well through the storm, I wish I could say the same for our Jetta however.... Poor Nate once he got his truck unstuck yesterday he plowed a bit of our driveway so we could get in and out all day. He got stuck on ice in our driveway and once he got the tires to grip, he was going too fast and slammed his trailer hitch into our car. Poor Jetta. We both just tried to laugh it off and remind ourselves that "it's just a car, and can be fixed" Thankfully, by some AMAZING blessing our insurance will cover the WHOLE thing!!! So in the next couple of weeks this car will be in the shop and we will have a rental car. So I guess we wont be installing our car seat anytime soon, just in case baby Reagan comes home in the rental!
Baby Reagan did not choose the blizzard to make his arrival, which is fine with me since we were pretty stuck in the house! I am not super big on "belly shots" just because I'm excited for the baby, but not overly thrilled with how big my belly gets... :) but I have been taking weekly shots for our "belly book" http://www.amazon.com/Belly-Book-Nine-Month-Journal-Growing/dp/0307336182 My friend Mandi sent this to me as a gift when we told her we were going to try for a baby. It's a really fun way to keep track of how you change while you're pregnant. I have a spot in our bedroom that I take the photos so it always has the same back ground, but this week's belly shot got a different back ground. I couldn't resist taking it in front our snowed in door (we have two other doors that we can get in and out so we haven't shoveled this one out). I think it will be fun to look back someday and show Reagan how much snow we had while he was growing away!! 19 days until his due date...
No comments:
Post a Comment