Saturday, March 23, 2013

Three Weeks Old!

While Daddy takes a few minutes to snuggle the baby, I can take a few minutes to catch up!! Reagan is three weeks old today! I'd love to say time has flown and in a way it has, but it's been a long three weeks getting to know this baby.

We totally adore him, but nursing has not exactly gone as planned and we are now adding a couple of formula bottles to our day. I am very thankful that he seems to except the change, and it's making both of us MUCH happier people. He thankfully has been gaining weight well though, Reagan now weighs 7 pounds 15 ounces!!

Reagan sleeps pretty well at night, he seems to do three hours of sleep and then about an hour to an hour and a half of awake/eating time and then three more hours of sleep. I think I have finally adjusted to his routine there.

We have still had a pretty steady stream of visitors, it's so nice to feel so loved!!! We have gotten out and taken some good walks the past week, Nate was walking the dogs alone for a while but I finally feel like I can go too!!! It feels so good to get outside!!! If you have a baby and don't have a Ergo, I REALLY suggest getting one! It's still so cold and the Ergo keeps Reagan so warm on our walks and it's so easy to put on alone. I was even brave and walked the dogs by myself (with Reagan) twice this week!!

Reagan had his new born pictures taken when he just over a week old, they are the cutest things I have ever seen!! I'll try to scan some on here so I can blog them! He also is a pro at bath time. I know you're not really supposed to give a baby a bath every day... but does that apply to baby boys who pee all over themselves several times a day? I feel like a bath is very much needed at the end of the day! (for both of us!)

Next week we will get to celebrate his first Easter!!! I guess time is kind of going fast....




1 comment:

sue said...

I loved your blog. Reagan looks wonderful can't wait to snuggle him 143