Thursday, July 25, 2013

Maybe this time......

Where have I been?? I know, world's worst blogger!!! I thought that as a house wife I would have all this time to blog... yeah... right. Here is a re-cap from the past... two months? Maybe three???

Reagan is four months old. Almost five months old. He weighs 16 pounds. He rolls over both ways, "talks" all the time... I mean all the time... laughs at almost anything. Smiles all the time. Sleeps from 7:30/8pm until about 3/4am... nurses (yes we are still nursing!!) and then goes back to sleep from about 4:30am until 7am. He takes three good naps a day that last about an hour to an hour and a half. He has tried cereal and was not a fan, he has tried ice cream and LOVED it! :) He keeps us pretty busy! I find myself playing with him whenever he is awake because his cute face is so distracting, and running around like crazy when he is napping so I can get things done!! All in all he is a super easy and wonderful baby and Nate and I ADORE him!

Nate has started a new business called Gadsden Tatical where he and his good friend Mike will be selling tactical gear and eventually firearms. I am super super proud of them! They have tossed this idea around for a long time and it's starting to take form into a real thing! I can't wait for them to get it up and running. I will be helping them with it, so I am sure I will have even more time to blog.....

We went away to camp over the fourth of July and Reagan was such a good boy sleeping in a new place! It was super hot so we spent a ton of time in the lake, he loves loves the water!!! 

Things just feel "normal" now. It's like we have always had Reagan. I've finally found a pretty good running routine so I am back at it... I'm not running the 14 miles a week I was doing pre-snuggies, but I'm making progress and going to run a 5k in September. I was hoping I'd be up to run a half-marathon  in  November but I just don't have a ton time for long runs right now, so 5k will have to do. :)

I love love being his momma! God gave me just the perfect baby! It's so funny the things you said you would never do when you became a parent but then you look at that tiny little face and you just don't care what rules you had set. When we first started nursing I swore we would be done by six months. Well with Reagan Turing six months in just about a month I for sure don't see that happening. Why stop when things are going so well and he's thriving! I also said there was no way he would ever be in our bed.... Well he's spent many a night snuggled up to Nate and I. when he wakes for his early morning nursing he hates going back to his crib... So he just stays with us. Oh the things I said I would never do :). 

Regan has taught me so much in his five months. He has taught me to be trusting in myself and my ability to take care of him. He has taught me to trust in my God even more because there is a lot out of my control and I often find myself having to pray and trust. It's in His hands. He has shown me that my heart can hold more love than I ever ever thought was possible. I wake up every single morning so excited to spend my day with him. He has also taught me not to care what others think, it's our family and our little life and we will live it as we see fit. 

Lets see if I can keep up with my blog now...... 





No comments: