My mother in law gave me some yellow summer squash right from her garden, today I pulled out the baby bullet (totally not something you NEED to make baby food, but it was a gift so I'll put it to good use!).
I boiled two squash.......
Then I pureed it in the bullet with a 1/4 cup of the water it was boiled in.
I got TONS of food!!! twelve of the baby bullet containers and one Tupperware container out of two squash! AND since I didn't even pay for this squash this is some CHEAP baby food!
I put some in the fridge so he can have it, and the rest in the freezer. I've read it's best to give the same food four times so you know they are not allergic and so they can get used to it. So we have more than enough for his first four times and lots in the freezer for this winter.
I also read it's best to try food in the middle of the day, but Reagan's Daddy is not home in the middle of the day and we are both so excited to see his face the first time he tries this... so we waited until dinner time so we could have a meal as a family..
It went great! Reagan was a little confused at first but once he tasted the squash a few times he was all about it!! He had less than a table spoon before he was turning his head and showing me he was finished. It's so fun to see him grow and change so much!!
He also sat up on his own for a few seconds today!!! I am one proud momma!






No comments:
Post a Comment