I am still totally in awe of how this
Became this
Where on earth did six months go? And really as I type this... Seven months!!!! Reagan will be seven months Wednesday! I remember when Nate was deployed six months was a life time, I thought they would never end. I have no idea where they even went now!?
As you can see from my insane photo updates Reagan is such a happy baby. He smiles almost all the time, yes i promise he throws a fit and cries... Especially if we are in a restaurant or before bed, but really he is a very happy little man. He is trying desperately to crawl, he will get up on all fours but won't move. He eats all kinds of "real" food now. His favorites are bananas and sweet potatoes, but he has also tried squash, apples, avacadoes, and peas. He still nurses like a champ and I am patting myself on the back here. When I started nursing I hated it. It was so hard, it hurt, it was awkward and I just hated every second. Then around two months something clicked... And we just got it. I said I would push myself to six months for his health, but here we are... Month seven and going strong. I have no doubts that we will make it to a year now. It's still a challenge here and there, he thankfully takes a bottle like a champ as well, but there isn't always a good place to warm it for him. Which leads me to some awkward moments like... Nursing on a bench at the crowded fair on a Saturday night. I always cover for my comfort and for those around me, but I have to say I am very proud of myself. This is a huge accomplishment as a mommy!! (And it helps that I have a super supportive family who will block me in public or just sit by me and support me!!) it is a sad world that it's ok to walk half naked down the road but it causes a scene to nurse my baby in public!
Reagan is still sleeping pretty well. He is always in bed by 8:30 but his wake up times are anywhere from 11pm to 4am. Sometimes once, sometimes more than once and sometimes he just ends up in our bed. It's just life, and there comes a point in the middle of the night where I don't care where he is sleeping as long as we are all sleeping!
His most favorite things are... Our dogs, playing on the floor with his trucks, being outside, and taking a bath. He will let anyone hold him and will give that person a huge smile!! He recognizes people now too. He gets extremely happy when Nate comes home at the end of the day. He also for sure knows both my parents and nates and greets them all with a big smile. He has started reaching for them as well.
I could go on and on about how awesome he is and how blessed I am to be his momma. Let's just say that a night doesn't go by where I don't thank God from the very bottom of my heart for giving me this little man!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment