Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fireman's Field Day

Yesterday was our town's annual Fireman's muster and parade. It brings back tons of memories from my childhood and I hope the tradition continues so Reagan can have some great memories as well.

The day starts with a huge fire truck parade. It is almost entirely fire trucks, not floats or girl scouts... just fire trucks. It is also the only parade where our town allows the trucks to use their sirens during a parade, so let me tell you... they use them and use them well! Your ears are ringing after watching those trucks go by. Needless to say ear protection is very much a must for little ears!!! I was worried the ear muffs would make Reagan mad... I should have known my little boy would just find them funny! He wore them the whole parade and could not have cared less about the noise. He did look at us like "why on earth are we standing here watching traffic?" I told him next year he will understand!!

After the parade we headed to the "field" which is really a park to watch the muster. This is where the firemen compete on teams to see who is faster at hooking up a hose to a hydrant, and who can climb a ladder the fastest. We didn't watch those for long, a little boy was tired, hot and hungry so we walked home.

The end of day was a very yummy lobster bake!! Reagan was less than impressed with that, but he is usually in bed by 8 and dinner started at 7:30 so he was exhausted. 

All in all I would say his first firemans field day was a success! Before we know it we will be climbing up on the trucks so he can ride one in the parade!!! 








No comments: