I had the day off today, the kids are headed to Georgia for the weekend. I took full advantage and met my girl friends for lunch!!! I have to say thank goodness for the internet, because I have met most of my friends that way!! We have a Marine Wives Message Board (the EZ Board) online and it's full of girls from all over the US who are dating, engaged to or married to a Marine! Of course many of the girls on our "board" are stationed here at Camp Lejeune so we do our best to meet up once a week or so for coffee or lunch. We all have the most amazing bond, the majority of us have known each other for a few years now and go out quite a bit, but every time a new girl comes to our group it is as if we have known her as long as every one else. There is just a bond in being a Marine wife and understanding to the fullest what it is like to be left behind when your husband is deployed. We went to the Olive Garden and enjoyed soup and salad... which was just perfect in all this rain.
While I was at lunch Mr. Charlie was getting his hair cut at his new groomers. I usually take him to Pet Smart, but he HATES it there and I always get upset having to leave him. So I decided to find a new place.. all the girls told me to try Animal House. It's a boarding/grooming/training place and so I gave them a call, he had to be there today at 8:00am! He was very excited to go inside until it was time for me to leave him... the lady had to pick him up to keep him from pulling his way out the door behind me!! However when his Daddy went to pick him up around 12:00 he was in a different mood! Nate said he ran right to him and was not at all acting nervous and he looks WONDERFUL! He smells so good and he is all soft again!! He will forever be going to this place to be groomed!! I am very impressed with them!! He even came home with a little report card!!! 

well now I am off to make some tea, cuddle up on the couch with my hubby and our pup and enjoy a rainy day movie!!!
1 comment:
all they could say was "good boy"?? how about "amazing, excellent training skills... you can tell he went thru his "grammy's training course!!!" you know, stuff like that... he is, of course, as handsome as always....... so are all the girls having lunch!!! 143
Post a Comment