Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th Of July!!

Nate and I finally got to spend a 4th Of July together!! The last time we had one together was in 2005, Nate lived in North Carolina and I lived in Maine.

We choose to spend the 4th in N.C because Camp Lejeune has a big party and we wanted a chance to go, since this is our last summer in the Marine Corps.

We had a pretty lazy day followed by a wonderful night! We went to Mandi and Patrick's for breakfast. Patrick made some amazing french toast!! Then we came home and just bummed around. Since doggies and kitties were not allowed at the fireworks, I gave Charlie and Nora a little treat :).


Around four we headed to Lejeune to see what the fuss was all about! I'm so glad we did! We ran into tons of friends and ate tons of food!! They had a ton of "fair" food. Funnel Cakes, Ice Cream, Hot Dogs, and Lemonade!! It was great. They had a concert going on... two bands sang followed by Leeann Womack. Around nine the fireworks began! They were real pretty! They had some of the biggest fireworks I have ever seen!! It was a perfect night.

No comments: